Mineralniy Vody – Kislovodsk or Pyatigorsk – Base camp – Traverse from the North to the South of Elbrus (Western Elbrus (5642 m) or Eastern (5621 m.)) – hotel Ozon*** - Mineralnye Vody
- Accommodation in the hotel*** in Pyatigorsk (1 nights) BB, hotel *** (1-2 nights) HB
- Accommodation in the base camp and tent camps according to the program (6 nights)
- All the transfers according to the program
- Personal belongings transfer to the hotel in case of a successful traverse
- skilifts tickets on the way down
- 2 meals + pocket lunch for hiking/climbing/trekking in a base/tent camp
- Breakfast while Pyatigorsk hotel accommodation (BB)
- Breakfast and dinner (buffet) at hotels accommodation (HB)
- 1 guide from Alpindustria
- Porters for group equipment
- Extra guide for the ascent period (for a group consisting more than 3 persons)
- Cook service when acclimatizing and ascending
- Visa Registration of foreigners
- Visa invitation letter
- National Park Permit
- Use of group equipment (tents, ropes, gas, kitchen stuff)
Price does not include
- Alpine insurance
- Hire of personal equipment
- Extra guide for the ascent period
- Single person accommodation
- Extra meal and drinks
- Excursions and entertainment in Pyatigorsk
- Ratrak to pick up the group at the Pastukhov Rocks 4600 m
In case of a successful traverse hotel accommodation on Day 8 is not included
Only ONE attempt of climbing Elbrus is included.
For extra fee:
Satellite telephone call
Laptop usage to look through the pictures to make a CD/DVD copy
For the foreign citizens - international passport, migration card (given while crossing the Russian border), visa stamp.
Climbing Mt.Elbrus is an active kind of sport in the mountains potentially dangerous for the life and health for all the participants of this program.. Our guides will provide the necessary level of safety in case you will follow the Safety Insruction. The guide has a radio, GPS, mobile telephone, all necessary group equipment. Decision of stopping the programme when the weather and snow conditions impose a threat to lives of the participants is in exclusive competency of the guide accompanying the group on the route and can not be discussed. The guide is responsible for providing safety on all kinds of mountain relief.
All guests should have medical insurance in case of incidents or immediate illness which can cover medical and other expenses in emergency.
We are currently working with hotels Intourist, Ozon, Balkaria and Povorot. These are modern, comfortable hotels having all the necessary infrastructure and comfortable rooms, and with polite and responsive staff.
In the base camp, we live in comfortable tents for 2 persons. In the camp at 3800m, accommodation in a hut or tent.
There are more spartan furnishings in the high-altitude shelters. They are equipped with beds and a kitchen, and a toilet outside. The furniture includes beds with mattresses, blankets and pillows, a table and an electric heater. Temperature up to +18 C, the floor is colder (+5 C), and you will have to spend the night in a sleeping bag.
For transfers to North Elbrus region, we use off-road vehicles GAZ-66 or UAZ (depending on the size of the group) Transfer Airport - Hotel- Airport is performed in groups once each on the day of arrival and on the day of departure. If necessary, we can book a private car.
A guide works with a group, porters, cook and assistant guide work with groups for climbing in a group of 4 persons onwards, Number of staff depends on the size of group.
At the height of 5,000 m or more, the weather is rather cold: -20 in summer; -40 in winter. Base camp - +15-+30 in summer, 0-+15 in spring and autumn. At 3800m -2- +20 in summer, -5—30 in spring and autumn.
Sometimes wild winds blow. We prepare ourselves for the worst weather conditions. At the same time, it can be rather hot down the valley.
A First-aid kit to render first aid is available with the guide. At any time and in any place, the guide has the ability to communicate with the rescuers of MES. You should be in possession of specific individual medicines.
• Moscow - Mineralnye Vody - Moscow flight, international flights.
• In case of an early descent from the high-altitude shelter before the period stipulated in the program, hotel accommodation.
• Money paid for shelters, booked in advance in accordance with the tour program is not refunded. We earnestly hope that you understand these conditions well. In peak season, seats in the shelters are not adequate for all guests, so we book the seats in advance considering the required number of reserve days.
• Local souvenirs.
• Self-catering in the valley (the average price for lunch/supper starts from 300 rubles per head). In the valley, there are many cafes and restaurants, mostly of Caucasian cuisine.
• Climbing by ratrak on the day of ascent costs 600 euros per ratrak (a group of up to 10 persons).
• Excursion ticket by chair lift to Cheget costs 450 rubles per head and by shuttle ropeway to Azau costs 750 rubles per head.
• Successful and safe conduct of the program requires prepayment. Advance payment for reservation is 5,000 rubles. Full payment is required at least 20 days before the start of the program.
• In case of cancellation of the program, the refund is made in accordance with the laws of the Russian Federation in full, less the actual costs incurred.
The guide always has a radio-set and a satellite phone on any outing. This set allows you to get in touch anywhere at any time.
Mobile communication ends in Hurzuk settlement. You can use satellite communication for an additional fee. The hotels have Wi-Fi internet access.
During the stay at the hotel in Pyatigorsk, only breakfast is served. Half board meals are provided at the hotel in the Elbrus region. On the mountain, a cook (for a group of 2 persons onwards) will cook for you, while packed lunch (sandwich, fruit, biscuits, chocolate and a pack of juice) is served during daytime acclimatization trips. Utensils are provided. If you have any restrictions on food, for example, if you are a vegetarian, you must inform us in advance. We will do everything to make you feel comfortable.